Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day with Bob attempting to BLOG








Such a nice surprise to have Aaron & Amanda posting to the site and putting on pictures. Mother's Day started with Cinnamon getting us up at 6:22 a.m. She can really tell time since Bob sets the alarm during the week for 6:20 a.m. and Cinnamon waits and watches the alarm clock. When it goes off, so does Cinnamon - and she is STARVED TO DEATH.

We went to church and I made it up the long stairway to our Sunday school class. Going up isn't so bad but the coming down is just not too good yet. I still have to take that one at a time and definitely have Bob in front of me for security. We even stayed for choir for the beginning of the second service. That was a first since the surgery.

We had lunch at one of the few places to eat in the huge metropolis of Live Oak - we ate at LaReyna Mexican Restaurant. We have never had anything bad there and we have become a regular on Sundays. Today they honored the mother's who came with a single red rose and some baby's breath - so I did get my mother's day flower after all. This was the first time that I didn't go get something to put in the flower bed for mother's day and it felt very odd not to have that little crazy tradition. So I guess I will just have to post some pictures of flowers this year:




I also need to clarify what Aaron stated: I did NOT almost kill him with an ordinary bat - it was a WIFFLE BALL plastic bat and he could really find my last nerve sometimes. When I was looking for a baby picture of him, I ran across some pictures of him at age 5 or 6 that really remind me his Kenny - the grins and the eyes are just so much alike - better watch out there Amanda.

Your input on the site made me laugh and cry at the same time. It really touched my heart and I do love and miss you and the grandkids so very much.

Love you all very much,
Mom

1 comment:

Amanda B. said...

Awesome post, Mom!!!! :):) The pictures look great! Love the flowers. I am glad you were able to have a good day. I guess having a dog is a bit like having a kid- they don't understand sleeping in! I am glad your knee is feeling a bit better. Just take it slow- one step at a time. Well, better go- time to get everyone ready for school!